I have always been fascinated by lemon meringue pie . I’ve never made the pie myself, because for some reason I expected it to be really hard. As a lot of times when you start googleing, you realize it really isn’t. I was surprised to see how short the pie actually needs to be in the oven, and how fast it was to boil together the filling. This pie would be perfect for Mother’s Day, or any other spring/summer afternoon tea. If you haven’t made it yourself yet, you really should. You’ll surprise and impress both yourself and your guests.
Recipe / Recept
Pie crust / Pajdeg
2.2 cups / 3 dl of flour
125 g butter
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of water
2 large or 4 small lemons
1 cup/ 2.5 dl of sugar
2 tbsp of flour
1.5 cups / 3.25 dl of water
3 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp butter
4 egg yolks
Meringue / Maräng
6 egg whites
5 tbsp of sugar
1. Mix together all ingredients for the crust.
2. Put in the fridge for 30 min.
3. Grade the zest of the lemons, and juice them.
4. Stir together lemon zest + juice, sugar, flour, water and cornstarch in a pot.
5. Start cooking on low heat. .
6. Add in the yolks and butter.
7. Bring to boil while stirring.
8. Take off the heat when it’s thickened.
9. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
10. Bake the pie crust for 5 min by itself.
11. Whisk the egg whites to a hard foam. Add in sugar gradually after.
12. Spread the lemon filling in the piecrust.
13 cover with the meringue.
14. Bake for about 10 min, or until the meringue is a little brown.