I’m not the biggest fan of pie, although, I’m very fond of the pie crumble dough. It’s amazingly delicious. A while back, I had a slight obsession with the TV show “cake boss” (guilty pleasure…) and in one episode the bake crumb-cake. It looked amazing, since it was like a soft cake but with pie crumbles. I’ve been wanting to try for a while, but haven’t come around to do it. The other day we had some beautiful peaches at home, and I decided to try to make an Charlie Crumlb Cake, a little different, but delicious. The bottom layer was moist and juicy, the peaces added sweetness and the crumbs were crispy and added texture. A hit that I’ll definitely make again!
0.8 cups / 2 dl of sugar
0.8 cups / 2 dl of flour
a little more than 3 ounces/ 90 grams of butter
1 tsp of lemon zest
0.5 tsp of vanilla extract
3.5 ounces / 100 grams of butter
0.4 cups / 1 dl of oats
2 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of cardamom
0.2 cups / 1 dl of flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175°C
2. Butter a springform
3. Mix all the ingredients for the cake.
4. I en mixer, mixa ihop smuldegen.
5. Put the cake batter in the bottom.
6. Cut the peaches in slices.
7. Add the peaches on top of the batter.
8. Distribute the crumbs
9. Bake in the oven for about 25 min, or until a little golden on top.
10. Let cool, serve with whipped cream.