Cod is an amazing fish; the possibilities with this fish are non-stopping.
This are a quite traditional recipe, and very, very easy to prepare.
this recipe serves 4 persons
4 cod fillets
1 yellow onion thinly sliced
1 carrot thinly sliced
2 bay leaves
150 g butter
- Bring to boil a large pot of water, it needs to cover the fish
- When the water boils add the onions, carrots, peppercorns and bay leaves. Let boil for 5-10 minutes
- Add the fillets and let boil for additional 5-10 minutes
- Peel and grate the horseradish
- Melt the butter until its golden brown in a pot or pan
- Serve the fish with potatoes, browned butter. Garnish each cod filet with horseradish, lemon wedge and dill sprigs