And then there was only a week left until Christmas… Time flies and yet another semester at University has passed by (okay tomorrow), maybe the quickest one so far. In the mist of finals, there really is no time for any sort of Christmas feeling – which is sad, since December usually goes by quicker just because of that.
I have decided to declare war against MR. scrooge, and I’m doing so with a smell of lovely cakes and christmas music.
The first thing out is a lovely saffron cake that I made today – it’s really easy and delicious.
1 cup of sugar
0.4 cups of milk
0.5 g of ground saffron
1/2 stick of butter
2 tsp of baking powder
1.4 cups of flour
a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/325F
2. Whisk eggs and sugar until white and fluffy.
3. Heat the milk and saffron.
4. Add butter and let the butter melt.
5. Add the milk mixture into the egg mixture.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients.
7. Grease a baking mold.
8. Bake for about 25 min.
9. Let cool.
Love Charlie xx