I eat cinnamon rolls all year round and I do not consider them as a typical christmas pastry…. But they have always been around during christmas celebrations, christmas is the only time of the year my mother actully enters the kitchen. So for sentimental reasons only, this recipe will be apart of 12 days of christmas on Charlie’s world.
P.s Momma my recipe is better than yours!
50 g of yeast
2 cups of milk
0.4 cups of sugar
3.5 ounces of butter (room-temperatured)
1/2 of teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of cardamom
about 4-5 cups of flour
8.8 ounces of butter
about 3 tablespoons of sugar
1 whisked egg
1. Crumble the yeast in a big bowl, heat the milk so it’s body temperatured, pour the milk over the yeast and stir until the yeast and milk is one
2. Add butter, sugar, salt and cardamom. Add some of the flour (about 1.5 cups), make sure the flour is airy and not compact. Start to work the flour into the dough( i used a wodden fork ). Add more flour, a little at a time. It’s enough when the dough starts to loosen from the edges of the bowl
3. Cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand for 30 min
4. Heat the oven to 480 degrees Fahrenheit. Tuck the dough out (split it in 2) and put the filling on. You can mix the butter with the vanilla sugar. Cover the thin dough. Cover with a lot of cinnamon, and then a little sugar. Roll from one side to another, and cut or braid.
5. Cover the buns and let stand for 30 min, covered. Whisk the egg, brush the buns and add pearl sugar on top.
6.. Bake until they get a little color. About 7 min.
Love Charlie XX hohoh