Grav salmon is traditionally a Scandinavian dish, it is an essential in the Swedish cuisine, its fresh, simple and just damn delicious. Try it, but plan ahead as it takes 4 days for the salmon to become “gravad”.
1 side of the salmon, fillet about 1, 5 kilo
1 dl of sugar
3 tbsp. of salt
1 tbsp. of black pepper
1tbsp white pepper
1 tbsp. rose pepper
- Clean the salmon under ice-cold water, remove any small bones it may have.
- Put the salmon in the freezer for approximately 48 hours
- Let the salmon defrost in either the fridge or in a large bowl filled with ice-cold water and ice cubes.
- When the salmon is completely defrosted, cut into two pieces. Put salt, sugar, pepper in a pestle and pestle it until the spice mixture is all smooth.
- Massage the spice mixture onto all sides (not the ones covered by skin)
- Put the chopped dill onto the salmon sides.
- Put one salmon side on top of another (filet-filet)
- Cover with foil and keep in the fridge for 48 hours (turn it 4 times during its stay in the fridge 🙂 )
- Scrape away the spice mixture and cut into thin slices, garnish with lemon slices.
Love Charlie XX hohoho