Here comes a recipe that symbolizes Christmas for me more than most things. Gingerbread cookies are incredibly delicious, but I must admit I usually stick to the store-bought dough.
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup of water
1/3 cup of corn syrup (half white, half dark)
150 g of butter
1.5 tbsp of cinnamon
1.5 tbsp of ginger
1 tsp of ground cloves
1.5 tsp of baking soda
2.9 cups of flour
1. Bring sugar, water and syrup to boil.
2. Take of the heat and stir in the butter.
3. Mix in all other ingredients.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic foil.
5. Let sit in the fridge for 8 hours or over night.
6. Preheat the oven to 340 F / 180 C.
7. Roll out the dough super thin, make sure you sprinkle the surface you’re baking on with plenty of flour.
8. Push out different patterns with molds.
9. Bake for about 6 min or until a little brown on top.
10. Let cool.
Love Charlie xx hohoho