This is a great soup, for those cold and dark days that are upon us during the coming fall and winter months. Its color of bright orange matches those great fall days, when the leaves are falling and the light is cut shorter and shorter.
2 dl / 0,85 cups red lentils
1 sweet potato
1 small parsnip
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp. vegetable broth powder
0,8 inch / 2 cm ginger
- Boil the lentils according to package instructions . Peel and cut the potatoes, parsnips and carrots into 1 inch pieces. Peel and chop the onion and garlic coarsely.
- Put everything in a saucepan and turn on the water to cover the vegetables. Add the broth powder.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Alternative 1. Drain the water from the boiled vegetables, but do save it. Add cooked lentils , vegetables, ginger and spices in a food processor, or mixer . Mix to a smooth paste. Add the cooking water , a little at a time until you get the right consistent of your soup .
- Alternative 2. With a hand blender, mix it until it all becomes smooth and the right consistent.
- Season with salt and lime juice.
- serve with homemade bread and homemade herb butter.