Every year as the summer comes to an end I get strangely happy, not due to the fact that summer is over –that saddens my heart. I get happy because the forest gets filled with small blue jewels, blueberries. My days begin with long walks in the forest with my dog (who is a avid blueberry picker), and as I get home I start to think about what can I transform these jewels to?
Blueberry oatmeal, blueberry pancakes, smoothies, muffins, pies etc. the opportunities are endless.
3,25 ounces/100grams butter
1.04 cups 2 ½ dl of flour
1 tbsp. sugar
- heat the oven to 390F/200C
- rinse the blueberries
- put them in a pie pan
- mix all the ingredients to the dough until it becomes one smooth big lump, then crumble it over the blueberries
- sprinkle sugar over the crumble
- let cook for approximately 20 minutes
- serve with vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream