Chevre chaud is a chevre cheese that’s chaud – hot.
It’s a perfect side that’s also popular in salads. In this recipie, I’ve chosen to do mini chevre chaud that are served with a strawberry salsa. They are perfect as a stater, snack or on a buffet the salsa in the strawberries that are marinated in balsamico and chili. A combo that might not be something you think of on top of your head, but the result tasted amazing. try it out!
Recipe 4-5 starters
About 200 g of chevre cheese
About 10 strawberries
1 tbsp. of balsamico
1 tsp. of honey
a pinch of chili flakes
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. salt
- Heat the oven to 340 F / 225 C
- Slice the baguette thinly
- Slice the scallions
- Put some chevre and some scallions on each piece of the baguette
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the strawberries in small pieces.
- Mix the strawberries with the balsamico, honey, olive oil, chili flakes and salt.
- Put some salsa on each piece of chevre.