This past week I have had the flu, and I’ll let you in on a secret – it sucks!
saturday has arrived upon us and well i’m feeling a much better and well having survived this epidemic i thought i would pass on some tips on how to make it a bit more bearable.
- stay at home. I know that you probably have a full week at work or at school, and you have that party you just cant miss, and topshop has that members only sale you just must attend.
here is the brutal truth; if you have a temperature of 102 or more you stay at home, you will get others sick and you will not be able to conclude much anyway because you are too damn sick. so if its not a question of life and death just stay at home in that cosy bed of yours.
2. drink something warm! preferably with honey. hot tea, warm apple cider, the magic cold brew (this is amazing for your throat), hot chocolate. however i would advise caffeinated beverages because you need to rest – the only way to get better.
3. NETFLIX – how people survived the flu before the TV, i will never understand – because the only good thing about being sick are infinite tv marathons of your favorite tv show, and i will recommend you mine.
– SUITS is smart, sassy, clever, sophisticated, timely and immensely entertaining. this legal drama introduces you into the lives of the people that work at Pearson Hardman, one of the top firms in the city (NYC). oh and one of the senior partners hires a fake lawyer as an associate.
this will grab you and pull you in and almost convince you to go to law school, plus the writing of the show is extremely witty and cleaver.
– stranger things is a science fiction drama, that will enchant you, make you squirm, yell out in fear, and live out the anger of its characters.
Set in a small town in the 70’s a boy disappears and its up to his mother, a police chief, and his friends must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.
– Gilmore Girls a fast talking, fast pace, blue eyed about a mother and daughter living in Connecticut. it follows their romantic adventures, family fights, their weekly Friday night dinners with the grandparents and life in the most idyllic small town you will ever meet.
4. sleep and rest, if you are sick. its the only way to get rid of the virus and get better, it might be boring but its only for a short period of time