This recipe is a great everyday recipe. its very easy to cook, its filling and tasty. however it takes about an hour from scratch to cook, which is not too bad, but 45 minutes of which it sits in the oven for 45 minutes and in that time one can do something entirely different.
3 whole sea breams
8 medium sized potatoes
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 lemon sliced
salt and pepper
1 scallion, sliced
- preheat the oven to ( 430 F / 220 °C)
- wash and peel the potatoes. slice them (about 1/4 inch thick).
- mix the potatoes with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. arrange the slices on an ovenproof dish.
- place them in the middle of the oven and bake them for 15- 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare and clean the fish, wash and pat dry. remove pectoral and ventral fins.
- sprinkle some salt into the stomach cavity. put two slices of lemon, a few slices of garlic, and a few slices of scallions into the cavity brush on both sides with a little olive oil. Wrap the fishes in aluminum foil.
- retrieve the potatoes from the oven and place the fish on the potatoes. Pop it back into the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- when the fish is done take it out of the oven, fillet it, drizzle some olive oil on top, serve with the potatoes, additional lemon wedges, eat and enjoy it!