1,5 sticks /180 grams butter
2 cups / 4.7 dl Flour
1 cup / 2.3 dl brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
0,5 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. honey
2tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and 1 tbsp. of cinnamon. Add butter until it becomes a dough. Put in the fridge for about an hour to rest.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture out to the bottom and 1 inch (2, 5 cm) up the side of a spring forms.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175° C.
- Peel the apples, cut them into thin slices and place in a bowl. Toss them with nutmeg, cinnamon, honey and brown sugar.
- Put in the prepared pan, pressing down gently as you place them.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough on top.
- Place the pan on an aluminum lined baking sheet, and bake for 1h and 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool in the pan to set. Serve room temperature.