Apple cake, by now you will all have understood i’m obsessed with apple in different types of sweet creations, Apple pie , Apple cinnamon buns , Apple pie cake , well its not really weird. Apples makes such a great addition into different kitchen creations, and is well combined with a varies of spices and other flavors. so here is yet another Apple recipe!
1 stick /125 grams butter
0.6 cups/ 1 ½ dl sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 organic lemon (peel only)
1 cup / 2 ½ dl flour
½ tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. milk
4 medium sized apples
1 tsp. cardamom
1 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175°C
- Butter a spring form
- Cake: melt the butter, put a side and let cool.
- Stir butter with sugar, vanilla extract and lemon peel. Add one egg at a time, stir in between.
- Mix the flour with baking soda. Add to the sugar mixture. Add the milk. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the batter to the spring form. Cut the apples in thin wedges place them in the batter. Sprinkle cardamom and sugar over the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.