Christmas is just days away, but I must confess I don’t really feel the Christmas spirit this year, I don’t know why – if its due to stress, sickness or what. I have a million things on my plate right now, and I’m heading back home in a few days and the deadlines hanging upon me are endless and the time is very limited, but yet here I’m currently writing a blog post on a train, while heading into work.
I made a similar post last year, during my 12 days of Christmas, but this is an upgraded version and to tell the truth I found this cake rather heavenly, the taste of smoked scotch whiskey, lemon and saffron is a match made in heaven. So why don’t try it out as it’s a super easy cake to bake as well.
1 cup/2.5 dl of sugar
0.4 cups/ 1 dl of milk
0.5 g of ground saffron
1/2 stick/ 50 grams of butter
2 tsp of baking powder
1.4 cups/3.5 dl of flour
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp scotch whiskey
peel of half a lemon, preferrably organic
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/175°c.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Heat the milk and saffron..
- Add butter and let the butter melt.
- add the scotch whiskey and lemon peel
- Add the milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. 8. Grease a baking mold.
- Bake for about 25 min.
- Let cool.