I’m a chocolate lover, I love a piece of intense good quality chocolate.
Christmas is one festivity that is never short of cake or candy but I think a piece of this good quality chocolate cake is a definite must during the festive season.
This cake its very easy to make, however it takes time to cook in the oven.
My personal advice is to buy a good quality chocolate, it’s the key ingredient in this cake and you can duly note the difference.
200 grams of dark chocolate / 7 ounces
200 grams of butter / 7 ounces
230 grams of sugar / 8.1 ounces
25 grams of cacao / 0.8 ounces
100 grams of almonds, peeled / 3.5 ounces
Eventually 1 tablespoon of rum
- Start by preheating the oven to 150 °C / 300 F
- Chop the almonds rather fine
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in bowl over Bain Marie.
- Add cacao and sugar while stirring the batter.
Add the almonds and thereafter one egg at a time while stirring and the rum – if so desired.
IMPORTANT: the stirring is a crucial part here.
- Butter a springform baking pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 55 – 65 minutes. The cake shall still be a bit loose in the middle.
- Serve with a bit of whipped cream and enjoy this intense and rich chocolate cake.