Elderflower is something very Swedish (from where my family originates), and one of my favorite flavors during summer. It’s fresh and just wonderful. This cheesecake was the desert during a family dinner, and there was barley anything left after… It tastes delicious; it’s a little sour and a perfect ending to a dinner. It has the perfect level in between sweet and sour. PS Elderflower concentrate can be bought at IKEA.
For the crust:
12 digestive biscuits
100 g butter / 9/10 of one stick butter
4 Gelatin leaves
250grams / 8.8 ounces of curd
250 grams / 8.8 ounces of Vanilla curd
4 dl/ 1.6 cups of sour cream
2.5 dl / 0.8 cups of Elderflower concentrate
1.5 dl/ 0.6 cups of icing sugar
1/2 lemon, juice and peel
- Heat the oven to 175°C/ 350 Fahrenheit, mix all the ingredients to the crust in a mixer and put in a thin with removable edges. Bake in the oven for 10- 15 min. Let cool.
- Let the gelatin leaves soak in cold water for 5 min.
- Boil all ingredients for the filling together, except the gelatin leaves, in a pot, whisk until even.
- Let the gelatin leaves melt into the mix while whisking lightly.
- Let cool, pour over the crust and put the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 h before serving. Garnish with fresh strawberries.