Carrot cake is one of my absolute favorite things in this world.
It is one of the few things that have always remained a constant favorite of mine, it’s the perfect cake to enjoy with a cup of tea, when one feels a bit sad and needs cheering up or even for desert after dinner. It’s the simply the best cake, according to me.
1 ¼ cups/ 3 dl sugar
1 & 2/3 cups / 4 dl flour
½ tsp. vanilla extract
4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
2 cups /4 ½ dl grated carrots
1 cup/ 2 ½ dl sunflower oil
7 oz. / 200g cream cheese
3 ½ oz. /100g room temperature butter
zest from 1 organic lemon
2 cups / 4.5 dl of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 175°C
- Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy and light light yellow.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Carefully fold them into the egg batter.
- Add oil and grated carrots. Stir until a even batter.
- Dress a spring form with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Put a side and let cool. When its cold start with the frosting
- Whisk cream cheese and room temperate butter until soft. Zest one lemon and add it. Add icing sugar mix until you get your desired consistent of frosting.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top of the cake.