Happy Wednesday peeps.
It’s almost Easter time, which means its time for Easter egg hunts, lots and lots of candy and food.
I’m not a massive Easter fan, but I am a fan of every opportunity given to indulge in some good food. Hehe
This recipe I made a couple of weeks (!) ago and it was received with great success.
So I though this could be todays recipe here on Charlie’s world.
This risotto, by now you all know I love risotto, can easily be a fancy week dinner or a simple dinner to share with ones friends a Saturday night. It can easily go as a first course or as well a main course.
½ head of red chicory
7 oz. /200 g smoked salmon
¾ cups /1,5 dl chardonnay wine
1 -1 0.5 vegetable stock
1 ½ cup / 280 grams Risotto rice
1 garlic clove
½ chopped onion
Salt and pepper
- Heat the vegetable stock in a large pot. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel garlic.
- In a large pan heat about 1 tbsp. of good quality olive oil over a low heat, add the garlic clove and the chopped onion. Fry gently for approximately 5- 10 minutes.
- Add the rice ad turn up the heat – the rice will now begin to lightly fry, so keep stirring it. After 1 minute it will look slightly translucent. Add the wine and keep stirring.
- Once the wine has cooked into the rice, add your first ladle of hot stock. Turn the heat down to a simmer so the rice doesn’t cook too quickly on the outside. Keep adding ladleful’s of stock, stirring and almost massaging the creamy starch out of the rice, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next. This will take around about 15 minutes. Taste the rice – is it cooked? Carry on adding stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite.
- Add the saffron and stir it around! It will become bright yellow and oh so colorful. It will also have an incredible smell.
- Chop the salmon and red chicory into small pieces and add them to the risotto. Give it a good stir. Taste with salt and pepper, add a tablespoon of butter to the risotto and give it a good stir around. If one wish, add some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.